Last Updated on December 16, 2021 by Ramon Walters
Have you ever encountered a mismatch error or device error pop-up while flashing your Mi device? Well, this is a common complaint among Mi users. And the problem is seen while flashing their device.
This error message can pop up for various reasons. As we already told you, this happens while flashing most of the time, and it can occur if you don’t flash your device properly or install the wrong ROM on your device.
Whatever the problem or reason is, we’re with a solution here. So today, we’re gonna discover how To Fix Xiaomi Mismatching image And Device Error in Mi devices. So buckle up and keep reading…
Xiaomi Mismatching Image And Device Error
The Xiaomi mismatch image and device error occur mainly for using the wrong Rom while flashing your Mi device. Considering your phone may get bricked or blocked permanently, this is a severe problem. So you should be careful while choosing the custom ROM (check whether the ROM is supported on your device or not) and flashing.
How To Fix Xiaomi Mismatching Image And Device Error?
If you’ve already faced this problem (mismatching and device error), we can help. But while following the procedure, your device can get damaged permanently. So proceed only if you can bear this damage.
Here’s a quick guideline to fix this error for your Mi devices-
- Take your Mi device and reboot that device into fast boot mode
- Use a USB cable to connect the Mi device with a computer
- Now you need to copy all the files from your fastboot ROM’s folder and paste them here- C:\Program Files(x86)\Xiaomi\MiPhone\Google\Android (MIUI Flash tool’s directory)
- Next, hold the shift button on your keyboard,launch the command window by pressing the right mouse button at the same time
- Next, you need to input numerous commands one by one. Copy and paste one command into the command window and press enter. After finishing, do the same for the second and the other commands.
Here are the commands-
fastboot flash partition gpt_both0.bin
fastboot flash tztz.mbn
fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
fastboot flash abootemmc_appsboot.mbn
fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash userdatauserdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash persist persist.img
fastboot flash sec sec.dat
fastboot flash splash splash.img
- When you’ve inputted all the commands properly, you’ll see your Mi device has been rebooted automatically.
After restarting, you won’t see any mismatched image or device error notifications. So now you can proceed to the flashing process.
How To Flash Xiaomi Phone Using Mi Flash Tool
- Firstly, you’ll need to download the Mi Flash Tool. And extract it.
- After extracting, you’ll find a setup file of the flash tool. Install the flash tool from there by following the on-screen instructions
- Next, you’ll need stock firmware for your Mi device. Download Xiaomi ROM on your device.
- The next step is to download the USB Drivers. Download Mi USB Drivers according to your device model.
- Now, you need to take your Mi device to fastboot mode by pressing power + volume down button for 5-10 seconds
- After that, connect the Mi device & PC with a USB cable
- Open the installed flash tool after that
- From the select option, you need to select the firmware folder that you downloaded in step 3.
- After that, you need to flash your Mi device by clicking on the flash button in the top-right corner
- Wait for a success message. And the flashing process is done.
So that’s all about knowing how To Fix Xiaomi Mismatching image And Device Error and flashing your Mi device. We tried to show the simplest method to solve the device error issue in the Xiaomi device. So follow the fixing mismatch steps
and flash your Mi device after that. Don’t forget to double-check if the right software is downloaded or not. Good luck!