Mi Phone and Redmi devices took the world by storm. From the moment they reached the peak of popularity in 2013 in China, they do nothing but keep adding new and more advanced models. Some of their best features allow downloading the most popular apps and services from the most useful mail providers.
Any of them allow the installation and use of Google mobile services, including the Gmail account. However, you might want to know how to remove Gmail account Mi Phone for any reason. Fortunately, there is a way to do it while still keeping all the best functions of your Mi Phone.
And Mi Phone devices are not the only ones that allow it. In fact, many other brands have a way out from Google accounts. Check here how to remove a Gmail account from the most popular Mi and Redmi Phones.
How to Remove Gmail Account From Mi Devices Step By Step Guide
- How to Remove Gmail Account From Mi Devices Step By Step Guide
- frequently asked question
- Final words
To remove a Gmail account from Mi Phone devices it is necessary to follow a step-by-step process. However, keep in mind that you can not remove a Gmail account unless you have another one installed in your phone to substitute the one you remove. It applies to Mi devices that originally come with Android OS.
Hence, if you want to know how to remove Gmail account from Redmi 4 and superior Redmi models, you need to start by knowing that you need to install a new Gmail account by following these steps:
- Go to settings
- Select “Add account”
- Click on Google
- Click on “Existing” and wait for the instructions provided by the screen system
- Go to the menu icon and verify you have the new account installed
Now you can continue to remove a Gmail account. The process is simple and similar to when you learn how to remove Google Account from Redmi Note 5 or how to remove Google account from Redmi Note 8. Even if you want to know how to remove Gmail account from Redmi Note 7 Pro, this process will serve you. Here is the guide:
- Go to settings which is usually indicated with a wheel gear
- See how the menu display several options and scroll down until you find the Account link and click on it
- When the system displays all the accounts, select the Google option
- Select the Gmail account that you want to remove
- You will see how the system displays the options “sync now” and “Remove account”
- Click on “Remove account”
- As you installed another Gmail account, the remaining account will be the one related to your device
Gmail Account Remove and Add Android Mi Device Supported Model
Whenever Xiaomi unveils a new update of its ROM operating system, it also unveils the models of phones that will receive such an update. Those are called “supported phones”. This is to say that if you bought a Mi phone or Redmi device with the ROM version, you might be eligible to receive the update for free when Xiaomi releases it. Usually, the company publishes the list when that happens.
Using international versions of these supported phones does not restrict the use of Google and all its products. Instead, those devices allow users to install a Google app that includes all the functionalities of Google´s platform.
That includes Gmail, Play Store, and any other available. This is to say that Google is not part of the original settings of the phone. However, you can also remove a Gmail account from a supported phone. Overall, the process is similar to the way you do it using the step by step guide mentioned above when the phone includes it as part of its settings.
But instead, you access the Google app first, and then follow the steps to remove the account from there. By removing the Gmail account, you may also want to reset your phone and add the ROM version provided by Xiaomi for supported Mi devices.
frequently asked question
Gmail is a popular yet simple mail service but, logically, that you wonder how to get the best of it. Find here the answer to some questions you may have while figuring out how to remove Gmail account Mi Phone.
1. How do I remove my Gmail account from other devices?
Answer – There are many types and brands of mobile devices. Fortunately, most of the time removing a Gmail from other devices follows the same step by step. But they may have different icons to place the Google and Gmail account and then you just need to follow the same steps on how to remove Gmail account Mi Phone.
Answer – If you linked another email address to your Gmail account, you may also unlink it. To do so, use the next steps:
- Open the Gmail app or account
- Go to the upper left corner and click on the menu that is with 3 horizontal lines
- Scroll down until you find the option “settings” and click on it
- Click on the account you want to unlink
- When you find the “linked account” part, just click on “unlink account”
3. How do I remove someone else's Google account from my computer?
- Go to Chrome
- Click on the profile picture in the right corner
- Tap on “Manage People”
- Find the account of the person you want to remove
- In the right corner of the account you want to remove, click on “more” and then on “Remove this person”
4. Does changing your Gmail password log you out of other devices?
Answer – Yes, when you change your password, you also log out of other devices. It happens automatically.
5. How do I remove my Google account from another device?
Sometimes you may open your Gmail on devices others than yours and you will not use those devices again. In such cases, you can remove your account by doing the following:
- Get into your Gmail account
- Scroll down to the bottom and find the info related to the last activity of the account. Next to it, click on “Details”
- Select “Sign out all other web sessions”
Knowing how to remove Gmail account Mi Phone will give you a chance to customize your phone to different OS and different features. That includes a new mail service provider. It is easy and quick and you can always get back to install it again.