Last Updated on January 4, 2022 by Ramon Walters
It’s quite common to forget your Mi phone’s pattern lock or password. There are several ways to recover and unlock your phone. The most common method involves data resetting or losing, using flashing or rooting methods.
However, If you’re one of those who are looking for an alternate way to unlock your device without losing data, you’re at the right place.
We know how important your phone’s data and information are. Learn How To Unlock Mi Phone Without Losing Data. We’re with not one, not two, but 5 different and simple methods to unlock your device.
So keep reading….
How to Remove Pattern Lock without Losing Data
It’s easy to bypass or unlock your device with proper tools and guidelines. As forgetting patterns on an android phone is quite common, you’ve received tons of requests to share the effective ways to bypass them without losing data.
Here’s how To Unlock Mi Phone Without Losing Data in 5 different ways–
1. Unlocking Through Google Account
It’s possible to unlock your Mi device with an existing Google account. The only prerequisite is a proper internet connection.
After providing the incorrect pattern five times in a row, you need to click on the forgot password option on the screen. After that, you’ll be taken to a new site.
This method only works if you’ve logged in with a google account. On the new site, you’ll be asked for the login credentials of that existing Google account. The site or method comes with on-screen instructions. You just need to follow them to remove the pattern lock without losing data.
2. Unlocking Through Android Device Manager
If you want to unlock or bypass your Mi phone’s pattern lock, Android device manager is another alternative. Your Google account must be added to the device first.
After logging in to your Mi device, you need to select the lock button. After that, you need to provide a recovery message or contact number to allow the device manager to unlock your phone’s lock.
There’s another option named Erase option. Selecting this will erase and delete all your phone’s data. So be careful.
3. Using ADB
The third method on how to remove pattern lock without losing data is the ADB method. This process involves no flashing or factory reset. So your data will be safe.
Here’s how to remove or bypass your phone’s data by this method–
- Download ADB on your PC.Don’t forget to download and extract the required drivers!
- Connect your Mi phone and PC with a USB cable
- Now, go to settings, tap the build number around 7-8 times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB debugging from settings as well
- Go to the command prompt option on your PC and write the code-
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
- After that, restart your Mi device. And you’ll see the pattern lock has been removed!
4. Using Tenorshare 4uKey
Using 3rd party apps to unlock or bypass screen lock is quite common. But not all bypassing apps work to the expectations. But when it comes to removing pattern lock or fingerprint, there’s no better app than the Tenorshare 4uKey!
Alongside removing the existing forgotten pattern locks or passwords, the app also allows you to set a new one. So it comes in really handy for future use.
Here’s how to use the Tenorshare 4uKey app to remove your Mi phone’s pattern lock–
- First, you need to install the Tenorshare 4uKey app on your device.
- Next, you need to use a USB cable and connect your phone to your computer.
- After that, you’ll find an option in the app named – Remove Screen Lock.
- When you click on this option, you’ll be redirected to another page and need to follow the instructions.
- After completing, press startin the bottom right corner.
- After confirming, the app will begin to remove or bypass the pattern lock on your device.
- And finally, a confirmation message or notification will pop up.
Using the Tenorshare 4uKey app is a universal way to unlock patterns for android without losing data, as it’s supported on all android devices.
One of the drawbacks of this app is that, while recovering or bypassing the pattern locks, it erases your phone’s data. The developer company is working on it and releasing the latest version of this app, where the main focus will be removing patterns without erasing data!
5. Using through Recovery Mode
Before starting, know that using this method to recover your phone’s pattern lock will erase the data. So if you don’t want to erase them, this method is not for you.
Now that you want to unlock your Mi phone’s pattern lock, let’s start. You need to provide incorrect pattern locks a few times. You can also skip that and directly click on the forgot password option. This will lead you to the pattern lock recovering process.
The next step is to take your Mi phone to Recovery Mode. Use the volume up and down buttons, press them at once for a few seconds to take the device into recovery mode.
In the recovery mode, you’ll see several options. One of the options will be clean data. Use the volume buttons to hover through the options. Select the clean data options, and your device’s data will be erased, and the pattern will be unlocked!
How do you unlock a phone without losing data?
You can unlock your device without losing data with the help of the android device manager.
· Firstly, you need to select the phone/device that you need to unlock.
· Secondly, you need to click/select the lock button.
· Next, set up a temporary password. Then press the lock button again. Finally, you’ll see a “pattern successfully removed“ confirmation message.
How do I reset my Mi password without losing data?
There are several ways to recover, bypass or reset your phone’s pattern lock if you forget it. Some of the processes like using the ADB method, unlocking through a google account, and android device manager are quite good if you don’t want your data to get erased.
On the other hand, different apps like Tenorshare 4uKey let you bypass the pattern locks in just seconds. But using this app will remove the device data.
How can I unlock my redmi 4 if I forgot my password without losing data?
· Turn off your Redmi 4 device
· Go to the recovery mode using the volume buttons (press and hold them at once)
· Use the volume buttons to hover through different options in recovery mode
· Find the wipe & reset option
· Click on wipe all data
· Your Redmi device will get restarted. And the pattern lock will no longer be there!