Last Updated on May 18, 2022 by Ramon Walters
You have a Xiaomi phone in your hand, and you intend to make a video call to your friends and relatives. But you do not know the exact procedures. Relax, hold your horses. We are going to guide you to making a Mi video call Xiaomi.
Xiaomi (MI) is a phone company that uses the Android operating system. Many Android apps in the Google Play store let you make video calls from your Xiaomi (Mi) smartphone.
Which Xiaomi (MI) Phone Models Support Video Calling?
There are various Mi phone models available on the market. However, not all phones support the video calling feature. The video calling feature is available on Xiaomi phones that run on the Android operating system.
These types of Xiaomi phones are referred to as smartphones. Due to the lack of an Android operating system, the Xiaomi keypad types of mobile phones do not support this video calling feature.
Which Android Applications Support the Video Calling Feature?
You’re holding a Xiaomi smartphone. You may be wondering how you can video call your friends or relatives. Here is the answer.
There are so many apps available in the Google Play store that allows you to make a video call. Among many of them, the following are the best video-calling applications:
- Facebook Messenger
- What’s App
- Google Duo
How to Get These Applications on Your Xiaomi Phone?
So far, you have learned which MI phones support the video calling feature. Similarly, you know the names of a few Android applications that enable you to make a video call. Now the question may arise, how will you get those applications on your phone? Here is the answer—
- First, go to the “Play Store” application on your Xiaomi Android phone.
- Go to the search option that has appeared on the top of the screen and type in your desired video calling application.
- After typing the name, that particular application will appear on the screen with an “Install” option.
- Click the “Install” option, and then that particular application will start downloading.
- After downloading, you will see the interface of that application in your application menu list.
- Click the application. It will require you to open a user account using your Gmail account or phone number after it starts.
- Once you open your user account, providing all the necessary details, the application may require application-related device permissions to function correctly. And it would be best if you allowed them.
- Don’t give permission to an application that is irrelevant to that application.
- You can now invite your friends and family to join your account by sending them an invitation or request.
- Everything is ready. You are just one click away from making a video call from your Xiaomi Android phone.
A Few Features While Video Calling
While you are on a video call with your friend or relative, you may enjoy valuable features. Such as
- Switching from the front camera to the back camera
- Muting yourself while you are not talking
- Various attractive background visuals
- Sharing your mobile screen etc.
Also Read: Best Launcher For Xiaomi
How do I activate video calling?
Go to the video calling application, go to that person’s profile you want to call, click the camera icon at the corner of their profile, and begin the call.
Does the MI phone support video calls?
1. Does the MI phone support video calls?
After following the few procedures mentioned above, you will experience high-definition MI video calls in Xiaomi with your friends from your Xiaomi smartphone.