Last Updated on February 2, 2022 by Ramon Walters
Wondering how to flash your Android smartphone or tablet that has Rockchip? You can use a Rockchip Android Tool to flash this type of device.
The Rockchip Android Tool V1.37 is compatible to use on various Rockchip devices such as RK2818, RK2808A, RK2918, etc.
In this write-up, we will shine some light on how to download, install, and use this small application for your Windows computer step-by-step.
What is Rockchip Android Tool?
A Rockchip android tool is handy software for your Rockchip device. Generally, people use this tool to flash system firmware.
When should you use a Rockchip android tool? If your Rockchip device is showing errors to open or popping up any boot loop issues, you can use this flash toolset.
You can’t use the Rockchip Android tool for windows for all smartphones since they are compatible to work only with some specific hardware.
Thus, it is crucial to figure out whether your device is suitable to use before installing it. Additionally, installing the correct USB drivers is also necessary. This will help you find out the model of your Rockchip device.
The Features of Rockchip Android Tool
Rockchip Android Tool has many incredible features, allowing you to use the application smoothly without having difficulty. Followings are notable features of it.
- Flash Firmware
If you decide to install stock firmware on your device, a Rockchip Android tool comes in handy. You just need to simply launch the app on your PC and load the stock firmware
Upon completing firmware loading, you will connect your smartphone with the PC to flash it.
- Simple User Interface
Some Android flashing tools come with command line inputs that are too complicated to understand, especially for beginners.
Thankfully, Rockchip Android software has handy tools, icons, and buttons. Its different functions are effortlessly designed for simple usage.
For example, it has multiple boxes to show various color signs that will let you know when the device is connected and when it is successfully flashed.
- Portable Application
You don’t need to install this portable software on your computer. After downloading it, it will be ready to use—just extract it after completing the download.
- Support .img Format
The Rockchip Android tool can flash any IMG extension in the stock firmware apart from typical files.
- Language Support
Aside from using the software in the English language, you can change the language to some other mentioned language from the setting option.
- Multiple Device Support
You can connect up to a maximum of 8 Rockchip devices to the app to flash them. After connecting the smartphones, you will load their required firmware files separately. The flashing process will begin once you select the restore or upgrade option.
Rockchip Android Tool Compatibility
Before downloading the Rockchip Android Tool V1.37, it is necessary to know whether your Windows operating system is compatible to use. Here is the Windows OS that works with Android Tool for Windows.
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32 & 64-bit)
- Windows XP
Download Rockchip Android Tool (All Version)
Downloading the Rockchip Flash Tool is simple. Here is the link to download it.
Additionally, you may have to download USB drivers if you didn’t earlier. Here is the link to download it.
How to Use Rockchip Android Tool
Using a Rockchip Android Tool doesn’t require you to be an expert. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- At first, you need to download your preferred version of Rockchip Flash Tool. It can be V1.37 or the latest one.
- Before opening the application, make sure you have installed the USB drivers.
- Next, you want to open and extract the zip file and open the .exe or similar file. This will help you launch the file.
- Once the tool is launched, locate your mouse to the upper-right side, where you will see three dots. Press on it to load the Firmware IMG file.
- After loading the image file successfully, you can now connect your Rockchip device to your computer while keeping the device off. A green signal will appear on the application when it’s successfully connected.
- Now, you can start flashing your smartphone by pressing the Upgrade option from the lower section.
- When the flashing part starts, you won’t see any green symbol anymore. Instead, the yellow symbol will appear, and it will repeatedly blink.
- It will take several minutes to end the flashing process. Once the flashing part is completed, rebooting your smartphone is a good rule of thumb.
Rockchip Android Tool is a simple yet highly effective software to flash your android device and make it functional. Since it is free, everyone can use it.
You just download the right tool that matches your Rockchip device. Hopefully, you will be able to flash your Rockchip device using this software.