Last Updated on June 15, 2022 by Ramon Walters
File transferring, flashing your phone, or updating and upgrading your phone, no matter what the task is, SPD USB Driver can play as the life saver for Spreadturm powered and feature phones. It assists your SPD powered android in connecting with your Computer without hassle.
With SPD USB Driver, you’ll require no ADB or any other driver packages installed in your Computer to operate through the SPD mobile device.
In this article, you’ll learn more about this driver in detail.
What Is an SPD USB Driver?
SPD USB Driver is a program that helps you to ensure a stable connection between your SPD chipset phone and your Windows computer. To specifically work with SPD android phones, you must have SPD USB Driver installed on your Computer.
This program makes phone flashing, upgrading, unlocking pattern/password/FRP lock very straightforward and time saving. You need to install the correct program on your Windows 10 or 11 PC perfectly; otherwise, you won’t be able to perform many tasks on your Spreadturm powered device.
Installation Of SPD USB Driver
You need to download the SPD USB Driver file from here and then install it. You can rest assured the file won’t bring you any malicious programs and keep your Computer safe from virus attacks.
Installing the program on your Windows PC is super easy as well. Once you’re done downloading the file, run it to install it. You can also manually install SPD USB Driver on your Computer if you face problems installing it in the first place.
How To Download SPD USB Driver
You already know that you have to download the file from the link first.So, let’s get started with the steps now.
- Firstly, get an active uninterrupted internet connection on your Computer
- If you’re using Windows 8, 10, or 11 based operating system, disable the driver signature
- Now, download the SPD USB Driver file from any of the provided links here
- After complete downloading, find the file in the downloads of your PC
- Then, extract the main driver file
- After extracting the folder, click on DPInst.exe to run it.
- It’ll take a few seconds to launch the setup. Next, install the setup.
- Restart your PC when you’ve completely set up the file
In Windows 10, sometimes downloading and installing the program is a little tough. If this method doesn’t work, install SPD USB Driver manually. Here is how you can do it.
- Go to “This PC” on your Computer and go to “Properties”
- On the new window of the Control Panel, click on “Device Manager.”
- Another new window will open now that consists of different options. Click on “Action” and select “Add Legacy Hardware” afterwards.
- Now a pop up will appear in front of you. In the pop up box you’ve to select, “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)” and click on “Next”.
- Again click on “Next”. Now, you’ll have a statement saying, “Have Disk”. At this point you’ve to browse to the SPD Driver folder and select the “sprd_u2s_diag” inside the 64 bit folder. After selecting, click on “Open”.
- Then click on “Next” and you’re done. The installation will take a few seconds.
Update For SPD USB Driver
To work for Spreadtrum mobile devices you must have the latest updated version of the SPD USB Driver file. If you already have the file installed in your Computer, you can update it with a few simple steps.
- Open the “Control Panel” and go to “Device Manager” as before
- You’ll find “SciU2S” under the device manager, right click on it
- Now, you’ll get options. Select, “Search Automatically Updated Driver Software”. Your operating system will automatically find the right USB Driver for your device. Wait for some time and let the installation be finished properly.
After reading this article, hope that you got the idea pretty well of how to install SPD USB Driver on your PC. Just download the file from the links here and install it with the step-by-step process described above.
Remember, to install the program manually, you must download the manual driver package from the manual driver link here.