Last Updated on March 13, 2022 by Ramon Walters
The Redmi Note 7 was a superb device considering its price and performance. However, many users noticed different Miui, ROM, and phone brick-related problems. And to solve those, they went for flashing.
But as they proceeded towards flashing, their device got bricked. They even couldn’t access the EDL mode on their device as well. So if you’re one of those, don’t worry. We got you covered.
We know how big of a hassle it is to find device brick and freeze issues solutions. Besides, all the drivers aren’t available everywhere as well. So this guide is on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Firmware, EDL Point, USB Driver, TWRP, And QCN File and how to use them!
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Firmware
- Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Firmware
While troubleshooting flashing or rooting related issues, the first step is always getting the proper firmware. And that’s the same case for Redmi Note 7 devices as well.
As we already said, we’re gonna cover multiple troubleshooting guides, starting with EDL point and ending up with the QCN file. So let’s start with the stock firmware for your Redmi device.
Coming to the stock firmware, you need to download the flash file first if you wish to upgrade or downgrade to a specific version. Besides, flashing helps to access other sections like boot loop, brick, and even invalid IMEI numbers.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 device’s flash tool will let you flash it and customize it to your choice. So if you’re looking to access EDL points by flashing or rooting the device, the flash file is a must!
How To Boot Redmi Note 7 To EDL And Fastboot
You can access the EDL point using the ADB method and fastboot method. Let’s start with the ADB method first-
- Download ADB drivers on your Redmi Note 7 device and install them
- Enable USB debugging on Note 7 from settings
- Use a USB to connect your Redmi device and PC
- In the command prompt, write the code-
- Writing this command will show your device’s model no
- Now to access EDL point, write the following commands-
adb reboot edl
- After that, you’ll gain access to your Note 7’s EDL point
- Fastboot Method
No worries if you couldn’t access the Redmi Note 7’s EDL Mode using the ADB method. Here is another method for you-
- Install the Fastboot EDL file on your device after downloading
- You need to take your Redmi Note 7 to fast boot mode. Firstly, switch off your redmi device. And after that, hold both the volume buttons while turning it on. You’ll be taken to fast boot mode, and a bunny logo will appear on the screen
- You need to open the edl.cmd file from the downloaded files. After opening, the bunny logo will disappear, and you’ll be taken to EDL mode.
So that’s it on accessing the EDL mode on your Redmi Note 7 device.
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 USB Driver Android TWRP
The Team Win Recovery Project or TWRP is an interface that allows mobile phone users to get the experience of 3rd party firmware and back up their storage or device system at the same time.
TWRP helps to backup and support those systems that have been unsupported by the stock firmware. As a result, you can use TWRP files to root and unroot your Redmi Note 7 smartphone.
Install TWRP on Redmi Note 7 device:
- Turn off your Note 7 device
- Go to your device’s fast boot mode (using power and volume buttons)
- Open the ADB folders and files
- Write the following commands in the command prompt-
Fastboot devices Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img Fastboot boot recovery twrp.img Fastboot reboot
5. And that’s it. The TWRP has been installed on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 device.
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
There are several ways to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 device. However, using the Magisk app is the simplest and the best way to do it.
- Download Magisk’s latest version from miaccountguide.com.
- You need to choose the downloaded file of the Magisk app from the TWRP screen
- After that, to root your device, you just need to click on the root/flash option
- Clicking that option will reboot your Redmi Note 7 device. And the rooting is complete!
The magisk app is a very helpful application for rooting. Even if you’re not a Note 7 user, you can still root your device with this app. It’s free and has an auto-update feature.
Download Xiaomi Note 7 QCN File And How To Restore
QCN stands for Qualcomm Calibration Network. The QCN files are found on all the latest smartphones with Qualcomm processors.
Although users cannot see the QCN files from outside as they remain in internal core memories, they’re actually essential as they restore the phone’s database.
Not to mention, the QCN file on each device is unique, and they house the unique IMEI number and baseband of a device as well.
How to Restore Xiaomi Note 7 QCN File
- To restore the Xiaomi QCN file on your Note 7 device, first, you need to download the QCN file (use the above link) and also the Qualcomm Flash tool
- After that, extract both the QCN and flash tool files
- Open the flash tool that you’ve downloaded. After that, you need to select the downloaded QCN file to restore it on your Xiaomi Note 7 device.
How To Flash Xiaomi Note 7 Device: Step By Step Guide
There can be many reasons behind flashing your Redmi Note 7 device. But we assume you want to install global ROM in it for better performance and bug-free user experience.
Here’s how to flash Xiaomi Note 7 device-
- Start with downloading the stable Rom or any Rom that you want to use on your Redmi Note 7 device. Extract the stable Rom file after that
- After that, download the ADB and fastboot tools as well and install them.
- Move the extracted ROM file to the ADB tool’s location
- Now you need to take your Redmi Note 7 device to fastboot mode
- In the fastboot mode, you need to launch the flash_all.bat file.
- Wait till your redmi Note 7 device gets flashed!
Whether you want to repair the IMEI numbers or fix the brick issues, accessing the Redmi Note 7 Test Point is a must. Alongside the EDL point, you’ll also need the fastboot drivers, flash tools, and, most importantly, a solid guideline.
So we believe our guide on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Firmware, EDL Point, USB Driver, TWRP, And QCN File and troubleshooting procedures were helpful to solve your queries.
Good luck unbricking, accessing EDL points, or repairing the IMEI number of your Redmi Note 7 device!