Last Updated on November 20, 2021 by Ramon Walters
The Redmi Note 8 phone comes with the latest miui version. But a few users complained about bugs in this ui and aren’t satisfied with this android version’s overall performance. As a result, they want to switch from their existing ROM/firmware to a more customizable custom ROM.
But changing or switching ROM or firmware isn’t as simple as you think. You need to flash the existing one first. And then you can use the custom one of your choice. And that’s why you’ll need Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Flash Tool!
So we’ve brought this guide for all the Redmi Note 8 users who want to switch to custom firmware/ROM. In this guide, we’ll cover everything about Flash tools and how to use them. So keep reading…
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Flash Tool
The flash tools differ depending on the model and brand. There are flash tools for almost all types of android devices. But the thing that stands out from the Mi Flash Tool from the others is its compatibility and features.
If you’ve used any flash tool before, you’ll see they can only flash/root a device and help users switch to a different firmware. But the Redmi Note 8 flash tool also has exceptional features other than just flashing.
While flashing with this Redmi flash tool, you’ll find 3 options. The first will flash both firmware and files. The second one will only flash firmware, but the files will be safe. And the third option will erase both files and firmware and lock your redmi 8 devices.
Other than flashing, this flash tool is easy to install and use for a beginner and newbie. Moreover, it comes with ADB and USB drivers. So there’s no need to download them manually.
Due to the above features, this flash tool is a helpful and versatile tool for all the redmi Note 8 users!
How To Flash Redmi Note 8 And Note 8 Pro
- First, you need to download the flash file for Redmi Note 8. Extract it after that
- For the flashing process, the Redmi/Xiaomi USB and ADB drivers are a must. You’ll get them inside the file link (given above).
- When you’ve installed all the Redmi USB drivers and flash tools, the next step is to go to Fastboot mode
- Hold power + volume-down for a few seconds until a flash boot logo/sticker appears
- In the fastboot/EDL mode, you’ll see a Mi bunny
- Connect your Redmi Note 8 device with Pc using USB cable. As the drivers are already installed and working, it’ll get connected without any hassle
- After connecting, a pop-up will appear like the image below. There you’ll see a select button. You need to select your downloaded (unzipped) flash tool
- To check the connection between your Xiaomi device and PC, click on the refresh button. If both (PC and phone) are connected, you’ll see your device model no.
- After that, you’ll find 3 options. You need to select/click on only one among them.
For better understanding, here are the functions of each of the options-
Flash/Clean all:Choosing this option will delete everything on your Redmi device, including firmware and files.
Save User Data: Choosing this option will only flash the existing firmware. Here, the data and files are not included. So they’ll be safe after flashing
Clean all and Lock:The third option basically cleans everything (files and ROM). This is almost like the first option. But the only difference is that you won’t be able to open your device normally after flashing.
We always recommend choosing/selecting the 2nd option, which is save user data.This will lessen the hassle of data backup and also the risk of data erasing!
- After selecting the option, click on flash and wait
- The Redmi flash tool will start to flash your Note 8 device according to the option you selected
- After flashing, you’ll receive a success/completion message. And it’s done!
The Xiaomi Redmi 8devices are easy to flash as it supports the flash tool. But before you head on to flash your device, you should keep a minimum 60% charge on your Redmi device. Or else you can face issues like device freeze/brick.
Another thing to note is that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Flash Tool is compatible with only the Redmi Note 8 series. You cannot use it to flash other devices (different models).
That’s it. Now, you need to use this flashing guide and flash your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 device if you want!